Tim Coleman is a British/American multi-award-winning photographer, documentary filmmaker, broadcaster and journalist.
He has travelled to Egypt numerous times to work on articles, BBC radio programs, photographic projects and to make the documentary: Fairgrounds of the Faithful, about the ecstatic Sufi festivals. (Originally commissioned by Channel Four TV. UK)
Having produced and directed four other documentaries, he is currently executive producer on the six-part mini-series – Surviving Death – which explores the evidence for life after death.
It was the second most watched show on Netflix USA. His documentary Out of the Blue was the highest rated documentary in its strand on the US Syfy Channel.
His print journalism and photographs have been published in dozens of magazines and newspapers worldwide including The Independent and The Guardian.
He is currently working on a photographic book called THE SOUL OF EGYPT His photographs of the Sufi festivals have been widely exhibited, most recently in the Brunei Gallery, London.
– The Sufi Moulids: A portrait of Ecstasy. Meridian Hotel, Egypt 2016
– Egypt Unveiled. Meridian Hotel, Egypt 2017
– Beyond the Pyramids: Sufi Festivals of Egypt. Brunei Gallery, 2016 – Tattoo Underground The London Tattoo Convention 2018
– Tattooing Pigments of the Imagination, 1984/2014
– Beyond the Pyramids Lie Fairgrounds of the Faithful, 1991
– Out of the Blue, (The definitive investigation into the UFO subject) 2005
– The Afterlife Investigations, 2011
– Calling Earth, 2013
– Surviving Death, Six-part documentary series. Netflix. 6.2.20